Saturday, March 13, 2010

New brooches!


I've finally managed to get some new stock finished! Little batch of resin-filled silver-plated brooches containing clippings from old children's books and vintage wallpaper. I bought 2 old children's books from an etsy seller only to find that one of them, unbeknownst to me, is a copy of a book I owned when I was about three years old and still remember vividly. It is about animals and has lots of realistic illustrations and information about mostly North American woodland creatures. So cute! I'll photograph them individually and post them on my etsy shop really soon.


I've also sewn up a new batch of glamourous little neckerchiefs which need photographing... but that will have to wait for the arrival of my wonderful vintage-looking head and shoulders mannequin courtesy of ebay seller tianfashion. Can't wait!



Other projects on the go are my first attempts at casting resin rings. Theyre still in the silicone, but fingers crossed they cure fully and they're not full of bubbles. Also recently acquired some hat patterns from etsy at McHats. I might try out a prototype tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm your newest follower and fellow DUST member. I adore your brooches, they are very sweet!

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm your newest follower and fellow DUST member. I adore your brooches, they are very sweet.

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete