Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I love vintage glass!










I'm a casual collector of vintage glass from the 60's and 70's. I'm not fussy about exactly where it comes from or who made it, but I do have a particular liking for Scandinavian factory glass, particularly Riihimaki (think I spelled that right). I've sourced my pieces from all sorts of places - ebay, charity shops, tip shop, gifts etc. I'm limiting myself to three colour themes - purples, reds and greens - which is a good idea unless one has unlimited funds and display space. They look really good en masse, and if you have enough pieces together, you can get away with a bit of colour variation within the theme, along with a lot of variation in quality. You could also display them with ceramics of the same colour as I have with the Scheurich (West German) vase with the red band amongst the red glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment